360Rize 3DPro 3-in-1 Stereoscopic 360 Video Rig
The 3DPro from 360Rize is a 3-in-1 stereoscopic 360 video rig that presents itself as perhaps our most versatile product to date. It offers filmmakers the capability to shoot fully spherical stereoscopic footage, blended monoscopic and stereoscopic footage as well as high resolution monoscopic footage all with the same modular rig.
The 3DPro’s modular design allows users to adjust the number of cameras in the rig. By simply removing or adding camera holders, the unit can be set to feature 12 or 14 cameras. When configured with 12 cameras, the unit captures stereoscopic footage for 14o degrees on the horizon and 20 degrees of monoscopic footage on the top and bottom of the 360-degree sphere.
Transition smoothly from 3D on the horizon to mono on the top/bottom. This gives you flexibility in how complex you want your 3D process to be in post production. Filmmakers set on creating fully spherical 3D (top, bottom, horizon) have that option while users interested in stereoscopic depth specifically in the viewer’s natural field of view save time during their post production workflow.
The 3DPro is also available with our Bullet360 camera control system. Sold separately as either the 3DPro12 Bullet360 or 3DPro14 Bullet360, these systems allow users to simultaneously operate all of the cameras in the rig. The remotely operated system daisy chains the 12 or 14 cameras together with a single button used to turn all of the cameras on/off and start/stop recording. When filming at 120 fps (frames per second) the start/stop recording feature triggers all cameras within +/- 5 frames of one another. This saves time and makes syncing footage for stitching a more streamlined and accurate process. The start/stop recording button also triggers a buzzer meant to serve as a signal for audio syncing the footage.
The 3DPRO features three 3/8″ threaded mounting points and comes with a 3/8″ to 1/4″-20 adapter and mounting accessory. These mounting points are compatible with monopods, tripods and other common camera mounting solutions.
- The first 45-degree mounting point (left image) on the 3DPRO is located between cameras 6 and 7 and is positioned on the corner of the unit. This mounting position is centered between two of the rig’s horizontal stereo pairs and also intersects with the FOV (field of view) of the rig’s bottom stereo pair. This creates optimum frame overlap between the camera pairs and makes it possible to hide the mounting solution during the stitching process and remove it from the final video output (see seamless samples above).
- The second 45-degree mounting point (middle image) is located between cameras 1 and 2. This mounting point positions the mounting solution (monopod or tripod) directly between two stereo pairs (one pair on the bottom of the rig and one pair on the horizon). This creates optimum frame overlap between the two pairs of cameras and makes it possible to hide the mounting solution during the stitching process and remove it from the final video output (see seamless samples above).
- The center mount point (right image) orients the 3DPRO in a horizontal configuration with 10 of the unit’s cameras facing outward along the horizon. This orientation places the mounting solution directly between two cameras to maintain the ability to wipe out the rigging in the final stitched footage. This mounting position serves as the most stable of the three and is best suited for tripods and similar rigging systems.
- Adjustable 12 or 14-camera configuration for filming stereoscopic 360 video
- Capture high resolution (8,000 x 4,000 pixels) monoscopic 360 video with large degrees of frame overlap
- Mounts 12/14 cameras in a patented 360 Plug-N-Play™ orientation
- Hinged camera arms allow for simple camera installation and removal on set
- Compatible with GoPro™ Hero3, Hero3+ and Hero4 series cameras
- Holder features qty. 3 – 3/8″ threaded mounting points
- Includes 360RIZE 3/8″ – 1/4″-20 mounting accessory and adapter
- Compatible with 3/8” monopods, tripods and other standard mounting solutions
- Full access to HDMI and USB ports for optional external power and live streaming solutions
- Anodized aluminum core and high-strength poly carbonate camera holder assemblies