The definition of versatility, the Canon EF-mount 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM from Sigma is an Art-series zoom covering a useful wide-angle to short-telephoto range. Featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture, this lens strikes an ideal balance between a portable form factor along with a bright enough design for working in available lighting conditions. Complementing this design, an Optical Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake throughout the zoom range for sharper handheld shooting. A Hyper Sonic Motor also contributes to intuitive handling and provides especially fast and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
Complementing the physical design, this lens is also distinguished by its advanced optical layout, which include a series of low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements. These specialized elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to individual elements to suppress lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 38.4-168mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a portable form factor and also offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with an internal focusing system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.