The Angenieux Optimo 44-440 A2S anamorphic zoom lens offers an aperture of T4.5 across the zoom range without concern about loss of quality which is unusual for such a long range lens.
It has a close focus of 4ft 1in (1.24m), and is one of the lightest lenses in its class at 16.6 lbs (7.55kg). It features built-in encoders providing metadata (focus, zoom, T-stop) via the industry standard /i Technology interface paveloped by Cooke. The long lens can be converted to a 25-250 mm (T3.5 ‚Äú MOD 4 ft /1.21m) spherical lens, by exchanging the rear optical element and the Focus/Zoom and T-stop markings (for package offer only) thanks to an innovative modular lens design ‚Äú Interchangeable Rear Optics IRO technology ‚Äû .
- 2:1 horizontal squeeze achieved by cilinder optics in the rear part of the lens
- Perfect homogeneity of color, contrast, resolution and low distortion typical of the Angenieux Optimo series
- Constant T4.5 across zoom range, no ramping
- Minimal breathing suitable for rack focusing
- Close Focus of (1.24m / 4 1 ¬ù feet) enables extreme close-up shots
- Very low distortion on all focal lengths and at all focus distances
- One of the lightest and most compact anamorphic zoom in its range
- Precise and ergonomic focus ring with scale rotation of 320 degrees & over 40 focus marks. Interchangeable focus scale ring from feet to meters
- Available in PL mount. Easily interchangeable with PV Panavision mount
- Thanks to the IRO technology ‚Äû , the Angenieux Optimo 44-440 A2S, with a spherical kit option, can be converted to a spherical 25-250 T3.5 zoom by swapping the rear group and appropriated rings.
- Precise and rugged travelling of the zoom and focus groups using Ang nieux classic rod mechanical guiding system
- Suited for extreme production environments (temperature range from -20 ¬∞C to +45 ¬∞C)
- Compatible with 1.4x and 2x extenders : 88-880 T9 (with 2x)
- Special Coated Rear Element ‚Äú standalone accessory ‚Äú for a distinctive anamorphic look (enhanced blue flare)
- Built-in lens encoder provides lens metadata (focus, zoom, T-stop) via industry standard Cooke protocol or technology in both spheric and anamorphic configurations.
- Lens data can be displayed on camera monitors to assist critical focusing and be recorded in camera to support VFX / post production work
- Front thread for optional protective glass
Focal Length44 – 440 mm
Aperturef/4 ‚Äú T4.5
Close Focus4 ft 1 in ‚Äú 1.24 m
Image coverage4 perf. scope+: 28.8 mm diagonal
Weight (approx.)16.6 lbs ‚Äú 7.55 kg
Front Diameter136 mm