Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (WG) Body
Canon officially released the long awaited Canon EOS 5D Mark IV digital camera. The camera is a gem of a craftsmanship and innovation. It is a long awaited professional workhorse and it’s predecessor is one of the most popular and used professional camera on the market today.
- The new 5D series instalment features a brand new, full-frame, high-speed CMOS sensor that is designed for a wide range of uses with the 30.4 Megapixels sensor. It is capable of recording stills as well as full featured 4K video which is rich enough to endure significant editing and post-processing without losing quality. It is versatile in any shooting situations – from low light wedding work to fine art portraiture and full blown magazine spreads.
- With a new and improved signal to noise ratio and processing power for noise reduction the new camera is remarkable well suited for low light photography. The native ISO is from 100 to 32000, but it can be expanded to 50 on the low end all the way to the remarkable 102400.
- The new camera is equipped with a full-blown 4K capabilities which allows frame grabs as well. The 5D Mark IV boasts 4K Motion JPEG video with a DCI cinema type 4096×2160 resolution and 30 and 24 frames per second. It also allows 8.8 megapixels 4K screen grabs. With the help of a new Digic 6+ CPU it can switch from shooting video footage to still photography in a quick second.
- Borrowed from the Canon 1DX Mark II, the new 5D Mark IV autofocusing system is a work of art! It features 2 photo diodes per sensor pixel, each able of phase-difference detection covering over 80% of the plane.
- With it’s new and advances autofocus, durable shutter and new CPU the camera can support a continuous shooting mode speed of 7 frames per second.
- The new 5D series instalment features a reworked AF system with 61 AF points High Density Reticular AF II.
- The new camera features and new subject detection and lighting condition analysis system. It is called iSA – Intelligent Scene Analysis – and it is designed to provide us with a super fast total image analysis in a blink of an eye. It features 150,000 pixel resolution and it helps detect flickr to eliminate the annoying video flickering with certain lighting conditions. It also capable of face detection and subject tracking by automatically shifting focusing points along the image.
- The new system allows us to capture Dual Pixel RAW files. These images, DPRAW, have additional editing capabilities when processed with Canon’s own Digital Photo professional software. It includes image micro adjustment for extra sharpness, Bokeh Shft for better out of focus areas and Ghosting Reduction to combat aberrations and flare.
- The new 5D Mark IV comes with full built-in WiFi capabilities. You can transfer files, shoot tethered, use the new Canon Camera connect app for iOS and Android, see the LiveView over WiFi and so on.
- Near Field Technology comes built-in in the new 5D series instalment. It provide seamless connection to Android devices. With a simple tap you can transfer and view images and video on the go.
- You will have the ability to review and tag your location as well as manually adjust the time stamp of the camera automatically.
- 30.4MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Image Processor
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- DCI 4K Video at 30 fps; 8.8MP Still Grab