Canon officially released the long awaited Canon EOS 5D Mark IV digital camera. The camera is a gem of a craftsmanship and innovation. It is a long awaited professional workhorse and it’s predecessor is one of the most popular and used professional camera on the market today.
- The new 5D series instalment features a brand new, full-frame, high-speed CMOS sensor that is designed for a wide range of uses with the 30.4 Megapixels sensor. It is capable of recording stills as well as full featured 4K video which is rich enough to endure significant editing and post-processing without losing quality. It is versatile in any shooting situations – from low light wedding work to fine art portraiture and full blown magazine spreads.
- With a new and improved signal to noise ratio and processing power for noise reduction the new camera is remarkable well suited for low light photography. The native ISO is from 100 to 32000, but it can be expanded to 50 on the low end all the way to the remarkable 102400.
- The new camera is equipped with a full-blown 4K capabilities which allows frame grabs as well. The 5D Mark IV boasts 4K Motion JPEG video with a DCI cinema type 4096×2160 resolution and 30 and 24 frames per second. It also allows 8.8 megapixels 4K screen grabs. With the help of a new Digic 6+ CPU it can switch from shooting video footage to still photography in a quick second.
- Borrowed from the Canon 1DX Mark II, the new 5D Mark IV autofocusing system is a work of art! It features 2 photo diodes per sensor pixel, each able of phase-difference detection covering over 80% of the plane.
- With it’s new and advances autofocus, durable shutter and new CPU the camera can support a continuous shooting mode speed of 7 frames per second.
- The new 5D series instalment features a reworked AF system with 61 AF points High Density Reticular AF II.
- The new camera features and new subject detection and lighting condition analysis system. It is called iSA – Intelligent Scene Analysis – and it is designed to provide us with a super fast total image analysis in a blink of an eye. It features 150,000 pixel resolution and it helps detect flickr to eliminate the annoying video flickering with certain lighting conditions. It also capable of face detection and subject tracking by automatically shifting focusing points along the image.
- The new system allows us to capture Dual Pixel RAW files. These images, DPRAW, have additional editing capabilities when processed with Canon’s own Digital Photo professional software. It includes image micro adjustment for extra sharpness, Bokeh Shft for better out of focus areas and Ghosting Reduction to combat aberrations and flare.
- The new 5D Mark IV comes with full built-in WiFi capabilities. You can transfer files, shoot tethered, use the new Canon Camera connect app for iOS and Android, see the LiveView over WiFi and so on.
- Near Field Technology comes built-in in the new 5D series instalment. It provide seamless connection to Android devices. With a simple tap you can transfer and view images and video on the go.
- You will have the ability to review and tag your location as well as manually adjust the time stamp of the camera automatically.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera (Body Only)
- LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1865mAh)
- LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
- Eyecup Eg
- RF-3 Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras
- IFC-150U II USB 3.0 Interface Cable for EOS 7D Mark II DSLR
- Cable Protector
- Wide Neck Strap
- Software CD-ROM
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1.0x Crop Factor)|
Actual: 31.7 Megapixel
Effective: 30.4 Megapixel
|Max Resolution||30.4 MP: 6720 x 4480|
|Sensor Type / Size||CMOS, 36 x 24 mm|
Still Images: JPEG, RAW
Movies: MJPEG, MOV, MP4, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Audio: AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 61, 41 cross-type|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.71x|
|Diopter Adjustment||- 3 to +1 m|
|Display Screen||3.2" Rear Touchscreen LCD (1,620,000)|
|Diagonal Angle of View||170.0°|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100-32000 (Extended Mode: 50-102400)|
Type: Electronic & Mechanical
Speed: 30 - 1/8000 second, Bulb Mode
|Remote Control||TC-80N3, RS-80N3 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Evaluative metering, Partial Metering, Spot metering|
Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Programmed Auto, Shutter Priority
Metering Range: EV 0.0 - EV 20.0
Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
Up to 7 fps at 30 MP for up to 21 frames in raw format
Up to 7 fps at 30 MP for unlimited frames in JPEG format
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Max Sync Speed||Mechanical Shutter: 1 / 200 seconds|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
4096 x 2160p
1920 x 1080p
1280 x 720p
4096 x 2160p / 29.97 fps (500 Mbps) / 24 fps (500 Mbps) / 23.98 fps (500 Mbps)
1920 x 1080p / 59.94 fps (180 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (90 Mbps) / 24 fps (90 Mbps)
/ 23.98 fps (90 Mbps) / 59.94 fps (60 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (30 Mbps)
/ 24 fps (30 Mbps) / 23.98 fps (30 Mbps)
1280 x 720p / 120 fps (160 Mbps)
1920 x 1080p / 59.94 fps (60 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (30 Mbps) / 24 fps (30 Mbps)
/ 23.98 fps (30 Mbps) / 29.97 fps (12 Mbps)
Auto: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
Manual: Shutter Speed, Aperture, ISO
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 - 32000|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps)|
|Video Clip Length||
4096 x 2160
29 min. 59 seconds
Built-in Mic: With Video, Mono
Optional External Mic: With Video, Stereo
|Start-up Time||0.1 seconds|
|Shutter Lag||0.058 seconds|
|Self Timer||10 seconds, 2 seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, Canon N3, HDMI C (Mini), USB 3.0|
|Battery||1x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh|
|AC Power Adapter||ACK-E6 (Optional)|
32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 0 - 85%
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||5.9 x 4.6 x 3.0" / 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9 mm|
|Weight||1.76 lb / 800 g body only|